What’s Your Story?
Whether you are a UAlbany Student, faculty, staff, or community partner, we invite you to share your undergraduate academic journey with Project MyStory because we believe in the power of stories!
Contact Rachel Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
UAlbany Students: Opportunities to Earn Credit:
UAlbany students are able to earn Community and Public Service Credit by blogging, vlogging, and facilitating workshops about their academic journeys or about topics they feel would help students to better acclimate to the university and to be more effective at pursuing their goals. We build connections through the telling of stories.
In the past students have blogged about overcoming academic difficulties, loneliness, becoming a feminist at UAlbany, pursuing dreams without a support system, coming out as LGBTQ at UAlbany, learning to succeed here, grief and loss, self-love and self-care, life as a non-traditional student on campus, life as a commuter, and much more. We have held workshops and interactive tabling events on creating vision boards, being undecided about your major, majoring in the humanities, self-care, identity, reconciling with your past, pursuing your dreams when you are not supported, and many other topics.
Project MyStory is ever in development and we are open to new ideas.
- RSSW190 – 1 Credit – 35 Hours – S/U Graded
- RSSW291 – 2 Credits – 60 Hours – S/U Graded
- RSSW290 – 3 Credits – 100 Hours – S/U Graded
- RSSW390 – 3 Credits – 100 Hours – A-E Graded
- For Spring Semester Community Service – December 15
- For Summer Community Service – April 15
- For Fall Semester Community Service – May 15
- UAlbany Project MyStory Application